Saturday, July 08, 2006

Vacation with Sinbad the Pirate

Before I go into great detail about my vacation I would like to admit defeat in my weight loss contest. I lost 7 lbs to his 8 lbs. Congrats.

My wife and I recently went on a week long vacation to North Carolina to see the Tall Ships and Uncle Sinbad. I'll give a quick break down of the vacation and then let some pictures do the talking.

We drove 17 hours in one day to get there. Next time we'll fly. The house we rented was awesome, right on Atlantic Beach. Six bedrooms and 5 bathrooms. Perfect for a family gathering. We walked out over the dunes and right on the beach. The water was warm and the waves were perfect for bodysurfing. We ate, drank (yes, I put all 7 lbs back on) and played the entire week. My wife, my Mom and Dad and I got in a few rounds of golf (the lessons helped me a little but I need more practice). We watched Pirates, tall ships, chatted with cousins, aunts, uncles and watched fireworks. We then drove 17 hours home. Again, next time I'll fly.



























5 Comments:

At 12:14 PM, Blogger Mark said...

I was afraid you weren't ever going to post again. It Looks like you had a nice time (I know Josh had a nice time since he blogged while he was gone).

While looking at that photo of people "body surfing", I was half expecting to see C.J. running into the water with one of those portable orange torpedoes.

 
At 7:10 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

"Oh yeah, my brother and his wife were there too." Thanks for the plug... Or did you forget we were there? Perhaps I should remind you who took that lovely photo of you and Melissa on the Meka II, and the one of the pirates, and the one of you "body surfing."

Mark do you mean this C.J.?

 
At 7:21 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Or this C.J.

 
At 8:33 PM, Blogger the_ubster said...

Josh - Sorry I failed to mention you and Salena. I may have if you let us have the better room :-)
Neither of the CJ's...

Mark & Josh - See my next post.

 
At 10:43 PM, Blogger Mark said...

I see it now. She's quite a looker. Her college nickname was the 'orange torpedo'.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home