Wednesday, June 21, 2006

Do these jeans make my butt look fat?

I've made a little bet on Monday with a co-worker of mine that I could drop more pounds than him before the 4th of July Holiday, which for me is Wednesday the 28th. We both weighed in at 200 lbs. on our home scales that morning. Game on. My co-worker Mark likes baseball so the loser buys tickets to a game. I'm not a big baseball fan so there is no way I want to buy tickets. I've been starving myself and doing sit-ups and push-ups at home at night and have managed to drop 4 pounds, not too shabby. Mark informed me that he has lost 6.5 lbs. I think he is a liar.

I had a handful of pretzels this morning, a half Caesar and bowl of black bean soup for with a whole grain baguette for lunch from Panera. No, I didn't eat the croutons or dressing. But now I feel guilty, and fat...

7 Comments:

At 2:08 PM, Blogger Mark said...

You're like one of those "rap guys" girlfriends.

 
At 3:51 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Dude, if you want to win stop doing the pushups and situps. That will only build muscle which is more dense than fat and thus weighs more.

To win:

1) cut out all beverages other than water. No booze, no beer, no soda, no juice. Only drink H2O (coffee, black, no sugar is ok). You'll cut out all the high sugar empty calories from your diet and drop mad pounds.

2) Go for 2 or 3 power walks of 20-30 minutes per day, everyday. You'll get your metabolism burning up calories without building much muscle.

And to keep the competition fair, you've got to be using the same scale.

 
At 6:55 AM, Blogger the_ubster said...

Oh my god Becky, Look at her butt.

Josh, Don't you need muscle to burn fat?

 
At 12:14 PM, Blogger Mark said...

I think Josh was assuming that you already had at least some muscle to kick the process off.

Has it been a while since he's seen you?

 
At 9:24 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

OK - new strategy... 10 reps of getting your ass off the sofa.

And 1, and 2, and oh, f-it.

Beached whale.

 
At 9:25 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

FYI - I just got in from a 10 mile run at a sub 8 minute per mile pace in 70+ degree weather.

 
At 12:53 AM, Blogger Mark said...

FYI, I just walked to my desk from my car in 110+ Degree weather.

I need a nap now.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home