Thursday, September 06, 2007

I'm throwing out my cell phone

I went to lunch today with an ex co-worker / friend who often tells tales of conspiracies. Since I hadn’t talked to him in a while I asked what was new in the world of conspiracies, he responded in a manner which he often does, how Bush is a puppet and Cheney is a slave to the mysterious group of powerful men that run the world. I later mentioned that I was thinking of getting an iPhone now that they are $200 cheaper. He said he heard that they have a hidden function and they really do something for the government but he couldn’t remember. He also mentioned that cell phones are being used to spy on citizens even when they are turned off. He said that the mic could be activated even when the phone was turned off and it could be used to pick up conversations in the room. The only way to avoid it would be to remove the battery. I called bullshit and he said to search Google video because there was an clip from Fox news.

The video and links below are my result.





FBI taps cell phone mic as eavesdropping tool
Use of mobile helped police keep tabs on suspect and brother

So now I’m wondering a few things.
1) is he right about the other conspiracies
2) what is this “function” the iPhone does for the feds
3) what is going on in area 51

Oh yeah, if you call my cell and get my voice mail it’s because I’ve pulled my battery, I didn't throw if out. Yet.

1 Comments:

At 12:41 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

The government can bug anyone, anywhere but we still can't catch Bin Laden.

Lame.

Or they don't really want to catch him...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home