Monday, August 13, 2007

SPAM or a sign?

I just received 13 emails, all with the same date & time stamp, all from various usernames at aogheliservices.com, all with a randomly named PDF file containing a stock tip. Looking at the full message headers they appear to be sent from random IP's from around the world & random email programs. Sounds like a standard spamming program that spoofs everything.

My email account is using a third party spam filtering service, Emerald Spam Shield, and then sent through another open relay list and spam filter on the mail server.

Why am I getting these?

I know. I should buy the stock, that's it. The sign I was looking for.

4 Comments:

At 6:40 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Augh! I have been getting a ton of spam too. It's even getting thru to my Gmail account - which has great spam filtering.

 
At 6:40 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

BTW - what's that stock?

 
At 7:09 AM, Blogger the_ubster said...

China YouTV Corp - Symbol CYTV - I wonder if it is even a real stock, and I wonder if it went up?

 
At 7:14 AM, Blogger the_ubster said...

Hmmm, I found it on Ameritrade. It has a current price of $0.43. It didn't jump up to $0.70 like the email said....

 

Post a Comment

<< Home