Wednesday, February 07, 2007

Sailing

While eating lunch (leftover peas and Mac N' Cheese from the boys) I was catching up on my brother Josh's blog. From his blog I went to Just Run's blog, I don't know her but had seen her comment on Josh's blog. She has an incredible opportunity to sail on a 65' Ketch for two weeks. This reminded me of the 15 + years that I raced on sailboats. Some of the best and worst times of my life were on sailboats. Port Huron to Mackinac, freezing my ass off for 4 days and nights saying I'd never do another one, I did 7. Key West Race Week, 10 days of sailing and drinking rum, riding mopeds and laughing at the weirdo's. In the summer of '89 I raced 63 times, the best summer of my life. One of my favorite things to do was to sit on the high side, face into the wind and think. A great way to put life into perspective, my advice to Just Run is DO IT.

I haven't been on a boat in at least 4 years, this must change, I feel the itch.

6 Comments:

At 3:14 PM, Blogger JustRun said...

Hey! Thanks for your comment on my blog and the encouragement. How strange that it wasn't until that post that you clicked over. I'll take that as a sign (as I am with several other things). :)
I'll be sure to update on my decision, too.

Thanks again!

 
At 4:01 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

What a small, connected world we live in...

Ub, I think you should scratch that itch. Buy a boat drop it in the water and head to the Caribbean. Stop by NY on your way...

 
At 4:38 PM, Blogger MeMaMo said...

I'm all about the boat Josh, but let's start with Lake Saint Clair! Cabe, has it really been 4 years? Wow, that's awful, you need to go sail!

 
At 10:19 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Listen to Morphew_Crew

Go sailing.

 
At 1:39 PM, Blogger the_ubster said...

I'm not into ice sailing... I'll be all over it in the summer.

 
At 5:23 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

nancy-boy

 

Post a Comment

<< Home